How to Watch
- Date: September 4, 2021
- Game Time: 3:00 PM CT
- Location: Davis Wade Stadium (Starkville, MS)
- TV/Streaming Coverage: ESPNU
- MasseyRatings.com: 12% chance to win, 35-14 Mississippi State
- ESPN FPI: 7% chance to win
- Matt (@DenizenMatt): 52-14 Mississippi State
- Evan (@EvanRSpencer): 38-24 Mississippi State
- Nathan (@ntruppel): 38-35 Mississippi State
- Line: Mississippi State -23.0
- Over/Under: 53
Why Tech Can Win
In a perfect storm of good fortune, every transfer Tech added would have to be as good as we believe they are. Austin Kendall will need to be in mid-season Jeff Driskel form and Tech’s defensive backs will need to play at near-Amik levels. Is it possible? Sure, but don’t hold your breath.
Why Tech Can Lose
C’mon, it’s Mississippi State. The three times Tech has faced off against MSU in the Skip Holtz era, the (Tech) Bulldogs have lost by an average margin of 35 points. Yes, Mississippi State wasn’t great a year ago, but neither was Tech. And the team with more talent usually wins, and Tech is not that team.