How to Watch
- Date: October 2, 2021
- Game Time: 5:00 PM CT
- Location: Carter-Finley Stadium (Raleigh, NC)
- TV/Streaming Coverage: ESPN+
- MasseyRatings.com: 15% chance to win, 37-20 Tech
- ESPN FPI: 7.8% chance to win
- Matt (@DenizenMatt): 45-10 NC State
- Evan (@EvanRSpencer): 17-15 Louisiana Tech
- Nathan (@ntruppel): 27-24 Louisiana Tech
- Line: NC State -18.5
- Over/Under: 55.0
Why Tech Can Win
Short answer: Tech lost to Mississippi State by 1 point, but NC State lost by 14. Assuming Austin Kendall plays, the Bulldog offense will have a fresh quarterback to face the best defense the team will see all year. If the defense can force a turnover or two, it may set up Tech to win in a low-scoring game.
Why Tech Can Lose
NC State is coming off an upset victory of Clemson and will want to keep rolling to keep their (albeit small) playoff chances alive. If the Wolfpack defense can stifle the Tech offense (regardless of who takes snaps at QB), this won’t be a relatively close game.